cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop APs in unleashed network from automatically turning off?

epicurean
New Contributor

After updating the firmware in my unleashed network ( 3x R610 and 1 x H510) to the latest 200.13.6.319, the 3 R610 have intermittenly been turnining on and off.  Previously, my master AP WIFI is usually off, and so is the H510 WIFI,and the WIFI coverage is great with just the 2 R610 (attic and ground floor). The master AP is on the 2nd floor, and the H510 is in the masterbedroom -on the 2nd floor as well.

Now the R610 in the attic does not come back on, and the H510 takes on a lot more clients on WIFI and the R610 on the ground floor comes on and off. How do I revert back to the original AP arrangement or at least prevent the Attic and Ground floor APs from being turned off?

Thank you

20 REPLIES 20

Try setting the IPs statically on the APs themselves, just to see if anything changes. 

epicurean
New Contributor

Guess what.

I got impatient and did a reset to default settings. After a long while, I managed to login again, the ruckus dashboard showed up(it was not the factory default), and the AP operations appear to be the same as before I did the firmware update.  Meaning the Attic and level 1 APs were on, but now the level 2 AP  is disconnected and I cannot seem to re connect it again 

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @epicurean 
So now you only have Level 2 as disconnected, can you try the below steps:
1. I hope the is not rebooting in a short period of time.
2. Then to the AP CLI and check the command "get director" and "get election" let me know the output.
3. Does the AP has the Masters IP address under the "get director" output?
4. Are you able to ping the Master's IP?
5. Under the Master's GUI, try setting the Preferred Master, this way if there is any election there won't be any new Master election.

Hi Sanjay,

1) No, it took a while

2) Get director

------- Unleashed Info ------
Device role : ap
Primary Controller : n/a
Secondary Controller : n/a
DHCP Opt43 Code : 3
AP is in Stand-alone mode.
OK

Hi @epicurean 

Seems like the AP does not have the Master's IP address so that it can connect to.
Can you try entering the below command to set the Master's IP?
"set director ip x.x.x.x"
x.x.x.x is the Master's IP address and then reboot the AP.