cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I renew or release DHCP on unleashed AP?

JLead_KevinKuo
New Contributor

I have three VLANs 150,151,152 to manage three different Unleashed Network.

I'm pretty sure the settings on the switch port are correct and all VLANs can provide DHCP IPs to the AP.

However, when I switch one of the APs with VLAN 150 to VLAN 151, the AP is not gathering New DHCP IP.

I've tried clearing the ARP and DHCP bindings on the switch and reconnecting the AP but it still doesn't work.

Is there any functionality to renew/release DHCP on the GUI or CLI that I haven't noticed?

3 REPLIES 3

Vásquez_Fer

Hi @JLead_KevinKuo 

Hope you are doing well !

As a reminder, the access points get DHCP for the untagged vlan (management) for wlans/SSIDs, you just have to tag the port.

As example:
vlan 5 name AP(Config) by port

Untagged ethe 1/1/3 ethe 1/1/14 ethe 1/1/15

vlan 6 name SSID_corp by port
tagged ethe 1/1/3 ethe 1/1/16 ethe 1/1/17

With this config option allows the APs to get DHCP from vlan 5 , and allow the SSID SSID_corp to get DHCP from vlan 6 or connectivity in that vlan ( vlan 6 )

Hi Vásquez_Fer,

Thanks for the information!

I mean, I just want the Unleashed AP to get a new management DHCP IP by changing the port on the switch, which should logically be possible, right?

it should be possible, if I'm not mistaken once I disconnect the AP from one port to another port, the DHCP server should assign an IP address from that vlan untagged on that port.