cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosted captive portal recommendations?

erin_mcclellen
Contributor
Hi all,

There is a dizzying array of SaaS providers that provide some type of hosted radius/captive portal solution.  Some are universal, some are vendor specific, some rely on flashing new firmware onto consumer devices...

Anyone here have any recommendations?
10 REPLIES 10

dtsblake_588878
Contributor II
Do any of the hosted portals solve the HSTS problem?

alfred_smith_kv
New Contributor
I've been using Skyfii for our hosted captive portal. Competitive on price and with a sophisticated analytics and marketing platform attached, however you don't have to pay for those services unless wanted. www.skyfii.io

erin_mcclellen
Contributor
Regarding the "built-in", it's limited and doesn't allow the same data collection and reporting or page customization.

I've played around with IronWifi a lot at home on a single unleashed unit and it's worked very well.  The free tier is more than enough to prove out the service, and their support has been fairly responsive.  Trying it on a ZD-controlled network, seems to work fine as well.

The only downside is that they haven't put together a guide, so you have to sort of piece together guides for other gear.

It sounds like you've been able to get IronWifi workign on an Unleashed network. I'm beating my head into a wall trying to figure this out. Would you be able to provide some insight as to how you setup the service?

Where are you stuck?  You need to setup the radius auth and accounting servers, create a hotspot service, plug your captive portal URL in, select the radius servers you created and then assign the hotspot service to a new WLAN.  At least that's the really short version... Are you on a ZD or Unleashed?

Also it wouldn't hurt to nag the IronWifi people - they have guides for other manufacturers, just not Ruckus.  Let them support you, they're pretty helpful.  I even sent them a bunch of screenshots, so they can at least see what the UI looks like.