cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware issues?

jack_causey
New Contributor II

Hello all. I have 2 Ruckus unleashed WAPs at my home, and R710 and R510. I have Gigabit internet service. I recently upgraded the firmware to 200.7.10.2.339 from the previous version. Prior to the new firmware, I was getting WiFi speeds of 300-400Mbps. Now I am getting 150Mbps or less. I have tested Wifi speeds with multiple devices. I tried a factory reset, but that did not help. I found the old firmware on the Ruckus website, but couldn't figure out how to store the file on my PC to upload to the WAPs.  Any ideas on a fix or what might be wrong??
10 REPLIES 10

jack_causey
New Contributor II

Thanks. I have all of those files, but have been unsuccessful in getting my WAPs to revert to the previous firmware. Every time I import the new firmware, the device still shows the latest version.

But irrespective of that, I still don't understand why the WiFi speeds have so dramatically slowed after a simple firmware update. Quite disappointing at this price point. Hopefully someone from Ruckus can chime in with some ideas or a fix. Thanks

jack_causey
New Contributor II

I was finally able to revert back to previous firmware: 200.6.10.1.312. My WiFi speeds more than doubled. There must be some issue/s with the new firmware?

Hi, I deploy a R510 to my apartment. And I did a WiFi speeds with 200.6.10.1.312 and 200.7.10.2.339 last night. And Both firmware get the same results that the WiFi speeds reach to 310-340 Mbps using iPerf3.
Could you share me more info about your network, like which is the master, and how the R510 and R710 connected, and how do you test the WiFi speeds? Thanks.

Jimmy when you tested it what did you use? What device?

I believe this is still on ongoing issue with iOS devices.. Iphone 6, 7, Ipad pro 2018. It seems the wifi driver was changed from 200.6.10.x to 200.7.10.x