cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drops in connectivity with some Macs

tyler_riddle
New Contributor II
Running three different ruckus Unleashed Systems on 200.6.10.1.312 and I am seeing some drop outs for some Mac clients while using radius. Essentially the client disconnects and reconnects but it causes interruptions in the network connectivity for the users while using Google Meet.  I was excited to deploy the Ruckus system as an upgrade to our Ubiquiti but these issues are making me a little nervous.

I'm not sure what to look for but there seems to be chatter in the logs about this.  Has anyone experienced this same issue and have you learned anything?  I'm debating whether to drop firmware down and see if that helps.
6 REPLIES 6

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Do you have other type OS clients?  Do they have similar issues using Google Meet, or only the Apples? Does it matter if the clients are stationary or roaming?  Could there be other network broadcast traffic at the time problems are seen?

tyler_riddle
New Contributor II
The issues being reported are primarily Apple since most of the computers are Apple.  The clients are generally stationary but probably between two access points (which could be an issue).  I've noticed that this seems to happen on the Radius network only, but I don't have any definitive proof on that. It also doesn't happen all the time or to all computers. I've also set this network to 5ghz only in both locations.  Of course on Ethernet, it works perfectly.

Is there anything I could be more helpful to people helping me?

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
You'd need to open a case, and collect logs from an area having issues, if you can indentify a particular client mac address that can be followed between APs.Just gathering an Ethernet sniffer trace when clients are reporting problems would give an idea of what other LAN traffic could be affecting the wireless folks.

Hello, My name is Randy, I am a sales rep with Ruckus.  We have seen this issue with a couple other customers.  In fact one of those customers brought this exchange to my attention.   I would recommend opening a ticket and reference that it is an Apple issue where the Macbook drops the connection.  I would also open a ticket with Apple.  Logging the case with both Ruckus and Apple will help you and the other customers that are having the same issue.  Please make sure you include the Radius observations. Thank you Randy Knight