cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabled both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz through App

Harshshah86
New Contributor

I am a Newbie to Ruckus/Unleashed system and UI. I was trying to disable the 5Ghz signal and keep only the 2.4Ghz enabled in order to setup a couple electronic devices. I went through the unleashed App and tried to turn off 5Ghz through the manage network section. This resulted in both getting turned off and now I have no wireless network in the entire house. Any suggestions or support to enable the wifi again as well as manage the 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz options independently would be highly appreciated. Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Ayush,

I was able to create new wlan specific to 2.4Ghz and 5ghz radios only. However my original wlan with both radio freqs enabled is not available. Right now i created a third wlan to handle both radios and called it something else, however i would lile the original wlan to be available as all my electronics have it saved and i dont want to go around changing it.

Hello Harsh,

Could you please check if both the radios are enable on your original WLAN ?

WiFI networks>>Select the Wlan>>Click on Edit>>Show advance option>>Radio Control>>Select the Enable WLAN on all radio option. By doing this WLAN will start broadcast on 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

Also login into the AP CLI by using SSH software, putty (login credentials will be the same which you used for the unleashed dashboard login)

Paste the output of the #get wlanlist and let me know the name of the original WLAN as well.

Hi Ayush, i am not sure how to ssh but now that i created new woan networks, I am able to use the unleashed mobile app to view the networks. I see that the original network “Haarti” has both the radios turned on however it does not have any clients on it. I see both 2.4ghz and 5ghz on in advanced settings under this wlan setup.

Hello Harsh,

If both the radios are on the WLAN settings, it should broadcast, please check on the device wifi setting if " Haarti" SSID is broadcasting or not. If not please try to reboot the device.