cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could I use 2 or more Unleashed sites together with same SSIDs?

vladimir_chesno
New Contributor
Could I use 2 or more Unleashed sites with same SSIDs together? For examle I need 200 APs in the hotel. I use 2 site per 100psc ( now Unleashed has limit 128 AP per site), they have same SSIDs. What does this network have limits? 
3 REPLIES 3

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Vladimir,

This is strongly not recommended!

There are multiple reasons for this:
  • It is mandatory to keep all the APs on same VLAN in Unleashed, so it is not possible to deploy two separate Unleashed Master on same network.
  • Lets assume if you deploy these two Unleashed network on two different VLAN/network, then configuration changes will never sync between these two Unleashed network and you have to always make the identical config(WLANs config) changes with both Unleashed network.
  • Roaming will not work between these two Unleashed networks, even though SSID name is same.
  • Customers on Guest WLAN, Captive portal/WISPr WLANs will always have to connect individually on both networks because portal for these APs are different and respective client session entries on Master APs.
Its better to use vSZ and manage those APs.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

jordan_wickliff
New Contributor

So, if I use vSV to manage the APs and have 2 r600s and a r550 managed by the same vSV, will that allow roaming between APs?

@jordan_wickliff yes, as long as APs are part of the same AP Zone, roaming will work.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn