cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to use WEP on Unleashed?

brett_spedale
New Contributor II
I have a customer that insists on using WEP on their network for the remainder of the year. I have explained that it's just like leaving the network open. They don't care-- they've got some legacy equipment that will only connect with WEP, and it won't be upgraded until January 1st at the earliest. So, until then, it's WEP, and I can't change that. 

Is there any way to use WEP on Unleashed? The GUI (at least on the newer firmware versions) does not have the option. Does anyone know if it's available in an older firmware version, or via the CLI?
6 REPLIES 6

Darrel-- I'm actually running 200.7 right now (the newest 200.7.10.102 firmware) and the option isn't on the GUI, which is odd because I see it mentioned in the documentation like you said. In the documentation, though, it isn't shown on the GUI either. I'll see if I can find it on the CLI. If I can, I'll post back in case anyone else is looking for it. 

Hi Pete,

Many thanks for the feedback.  Unfortunately it looks like there's an error in our documentation as even in the screenshot within the docs, WEP is not available as an Encryption Method.

I've also just checked on another Unleashed 200.7 system and WEP is not listed.

I'll do some more digging and let you know if I find anything.

Thanks,
Darrel.