cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

200.15.6.12.304 Apple devices connectivity issues

sgg222
New Contributor III

Since upgrading to 200.15.6.12.304, Apply devices (laptops, phones etc) won't occasionally to the network, 2xH550 and 1xR650. When it happens, the  OS shows as "connected" but it fails at DHCP, DHCP is external to Ruckus with short (5 min leases). Never had this issue before, reverting to 200.14.6.1.203 fixes it.  

61 REPLIES 61

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

@sgg222 

Could you please confirm if you had Fast roaming\802.11 r enabled or disabled when you had this issue?

sgg222
New Contributor III

802.11r and 802.11k were enabled. Disabling them is not an option

krtphr
New Contributor II

Yeah, I’m not upgrading until I see more positive reviews on the new release. I was experiencing d/c issues, roaming etc with only iOS Devices/Apple etc. There were multiple d/c with these devices and I just had to rollback to 200.14.

Even after rolling back, I’m still having issues with some clients not being able to connect and/or slow speeds ONLY with iOS/Mac devices.

surprise this issue hasn’t been addressed yet, please ruckus fix this asap! 

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Everyone,

We are actively working on the issue to find the root cause. So far we are not able to reproduce the issue but we are trying multiple scenarios. However we are missing some information the setup\settings customers are using.

So far the issues reported are 
1. Home pad mini devices are still having connectivity issue.
2. iphone\iPAD Pro devices are having roaming issue.
3. iPhone\iPAD pro are having connectivity issue after waking from sleep mode.

Can someone help us to provide the below information? it will be very helpful for us to address the issue faster.

1. Apple device software version.
2. AP Model.
3. Wlan settings, like WPA2 or WPA3 etc.

I understand most of the users are already downgraded to 200.14, but trying to see if any customer is still on 200.15 or can upgrade to 200.15 to get the below information.

For "Home pad mini devices are still having connectivity issue"

a. Can you confirm if the 802.11r was enabled during the issue?
b. Could you share "Client connectivity" log from Diagnostics tab?
c. Debug file under "Diagnostics >> Debug Info tab"

For "iphone\iPAD Pro devices are having roaming issue"

a. Can you confirm if the 802.11r was enabled during the issue?
b. Could you share "Client connectivity" log from Diagnostics tab?
c. Debug file under "Diagnostics >> Debug Info tab"

For "iPhone\iPAD pro are having connectivity issue after waking from sleep mode".

a. Could you share "Client connectivity" log from Diagnostics tab?
b. Debug file under "Diagnostics >> Debug Info tab"

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Everyone,

We were able to reproduce the Roaming issue and the we have fixed it, we have a QA build available which is tested and production capable.

@sgg222 @Squozen will it be fine if you can you help us to load the image and check if is working for you?
This will help us to get the confirmation from the customer setup as well?