cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zone Director auto join wi-fi network after power loss

greg_mcleod_bmt
New Contributor
I have a zone director installed at home with multiple ipads connected to the wi-fi network for home automation control. All the ipads are set to Auto Join the network, however after a power loss they do not auto connect. I have to go to settings and tap on the actual network again, and it then auto connects. I can not seem to find a solution with apple, and wondering if it is something set up on the zone director system? Would love some help please.
2 REPLIES 2

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
What type of WLAN do you have configured.  I'd think a simple WPA2 PSK client would reconnect if the network went down/came back up.

greg_mcleod_bmt
New Contributor
Hi Michael,
I has been set up as WPA. The network comes back up and is visible in wi-fi settings, however you have to re-select it and then it auto connects onto it without needing to enter the password/key.
Would WPA2 be the same? My apologies as my IT knowledge on Networks and the differences between them is limited. It was set up by the home automation people and I have now started trig to resolve some issues that have been there from day one.