cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZD1000 and iPad2 problem

yuri_maksimov
New Contributor III
Hello guys,
I created small Wi-Fi network on ZD1000 (9.3.4.0.21) + ZF7363 with rate limit 5Mb up/down, but have problem with old Apple devices (iPad2 with 7.1.1 iOS), it is connect and Internet access work some minutes, after this time iPad2 show good connect status but no Internet access - browser can't open web sites. I found answer - enable 802.11d protocol on wi-fi network. It was help, iPad2 can work fine, but rate limit don't work for him any more. Anybody know how fix this bug on ZD?
10 REPLIES 10

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Unfortunately, there are no further software updates on the ZD1000 as it's quite an old product and has reached End Of Life. However, I also don't see any known issues similar to what you are experiencing.

This is a bit of a long-shot, but you might try taking a backup, factory reset the ZD and then restore the backup. It's not un-heard of for them to get into an odd-state due to successive upgrades, etc.

yuri_maksimov
New Contributor III
OK, it's my test network, but very interesting why support 802.11d is canceling rate limit? Not found info about that. Bug?

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
It's possibly a bug, but odd that it hasn't been reported yet (might be my search-fu is failing) . It's also possibly a fault specific to that ZD and so that's why I recommended the reset.

yuri_maksimov
New Contributor III
Thank you Keith, I try reset it. May be anybody else see that bug? How about new ZDs.
New iPad and iPhone 4s, 5 also Android and notebooks - don't have any problems and works fine (rate limits too), my first problem came, when man with iPad2 come to me and showed problem with Internet sites. Of course may be it's Apple problem, but Google search help to me found info about 802.11d with Ruckus wi-fi and it's really resolve problem.
Before return back iPad 2 I checked internet speed (speedtest.net), and see... 30Mbit/s... wow. I uncheck 802.11d box, reconnect to wi-fi and see again - 5Mbit/s.