cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T300 water ingress

guy_farley
New Contributor II
Having Issues with water seal on t300. Anyone else seeing these issues? It appears the t310 was design has been completely changed, I assume due to these issues.
16 REPLIES 16

guy_farley
New Contributor II
There's enough water inside to fill a glass. It appears that the units seals fail, due to reaction with salt air environment, resulting in ingress and eventually failure. We note the t300 has small vent hole on the top of the unit, not the breather. This is usually full of water.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
I see... and would suggest asking for Failure Analysis on the returned units.
Small hole is water drain, shouldn't penetrate inside. 

I asked for a failure anylasis. The response was, they couldn't do one. I'm really getting the feeling something is being covered up or ruckus don't actually care. We've just had another unit fail, when we attended it was full of water. Could here it sloshing around inside.... Interestingly, we replaced it with a t310, can see the design is 100%different and no valve on show!!

guy_farley
New Contributor II
We sent two back, one in warranty one out. You still have one, 4 weeks now and the other you returned, becuase it had no RMA, I simply sent it back so you could see its a design fault. The unit was immediately returned, not even looked at. I'm so upset by the poor experience l, had loads of complaints of customers, becuase these are meant to be one of the best products on the market.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
But in both cases you opened you didn't provide your reseller or purchase order details?  All outdoor APs have a 1 year warranty, but you have to buy support for longer. There is no history of water ingress to T300s, but yes T310 has changed design.