cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T300 water ingress

guy_farley
New Contributor II
Having Issues with water seal on t300. Anyone else seeing these issues? It appears the t310 was design has been completely changed, I assume due to these issues.
16 REPLIES 16

guy_farley
New Contributor II
I'm trying to find out if other people are having issues with them, especially considering you've discontinued them and radically changed the design of the new t310

andrew_giancol1
Contributor III
We currently have approximately ~116 T-series APs in production. We've seen several T300's go down due to water intrusion. I can only think of one I bothered to RMA due to the others being obviously the fault of the installer, we've had several mounted upside down, a few installed without GLANDs. That being said, I've asked a co-worker about a building of ours where there was water intrusion into 4 T300's. I didn't pay much attention at the time, but I seem to recall blaming the local technician in charge of mounting. I'll ping back when I hear back. Sorry about your experiences with Ruckus. For me personally, I've had several Reps and several sales engineers. Some were better than others, and I've had a few "put your supervisor on the line" moments with Support sure, but I still wholeheartedly recommend Ruckus's products. Support might be a work in progress, but this is something I can usually navigate with the help of my Reseller, and my assigned Engineers. If you have access to people like that, I'd engage them as soon as practical. 
Good Luck,
-A

andrew_giancol1
Contributor III
Do you have more photos?

andrew_giancol1
Contributor III
Welp, we just mounted a t300 and can see the pressure valve is open to the elements. i'll get back to you as to whether the pressure valve theory holds water.Image_ images_messages_5f91c459135b77e247a38e12_69bbf8ec30c2dd46d61a3fb33cea9d7d_RackMultipart20190614697372xez-b8d37c12-d18f-4853-9e02-41f5b0813741-701200929.jpg1560549017

ron_henry_7uwsm
New Contributor
Having one of several T300 just experience a failure because of this issue, the water isn't penetrating the pressure relief valve. It is getting into the radios because of a tiny (alignment?) port drilled through the back cover near the Ethernet port.  Your test setup is flawed because you put a shield over the top (your right mounting plate in this image) of it in your test radio image. That bar will minimize water penetration.  Take a dead T300, pour some water in it and hold it with the corner next to the Ethernet port down.  You will see the water readily drip out.