cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus R710 w/vSZ CTL light blinking

joel_rauch
New Contributor II
We had a power outage a couple days ago and I've got about 11 APs (all R710s) that have a blinking CTL light and are showing as Disconnect on the vSZ-E. I've tried rebooting them, checked VLAN settings, etc. I can successfully ping them.

Looks like it's having trouble finding the controller but I don't know where else to start troubleshooting.
4 REPLIES 4

david_henderson
Contributor II
Did you disconnect the ethernet connection from either the AP end or the switch end? This will of course power off the AP completely. Plug it back in and see if it will come up

joel_rauch
New Contributor II
Yep, I've done that. Still no go, I also just restarted the controller to see if that would help. Still the same 11 APs that can't find the controller.

david_henderson
Contributor II
Did you open a case with Ruckus, might be time to do an RMA on the APs

joel_rauch
New Contributor II
Got a "Me Too" notification so I thought I would update. Ended up going to each AP, used a paper clip to hardware reset them, and joined them back to the controller one by one. Took a while, but now all are accounted for and the controller sees them. It's happened a couple times more as well, super weird. When it happens they keep their configuration and work, the controller just doesn't see them.