cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Construction - Need Wifi Enabled

david_fry_48214
New Contributor II
We are buying a new construction house.  It will be 2 floors with a basement.  We'll likely only have a cable modem supplying the data.  The modem will likely be on the made or 2nd floor.  What would be the preferred setup to ensure all floors have full connectivity?   

Also I'd like to enable rogue device detection as I want to ensure only devices I know about connnect to our Wifi.  Though this is less of a priority.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
14 REPLIES 14

Maybe not... if it is OEM'd by a Mexican ISP, they burned-in different admin credentials, and possibly the configuration too.
Only buy from official Ruckus resellers.

Thank you , I decided to pass on it fearing that might be the case.
It would be nice if it was easier to find approved resellers.  Turns out stock on the r510 seems kind of low.  But I found 2 new units with the 9U1-R510-US00 model number, so I think I'm good.  Thank You

Hi David, the 9U1- part number means the R510s will come with Unleashed code.  (controller capability without the controller)

It's a good option.  Get familiar with Unleashed functionality with a view of our Documentation....
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/products/82-unleashed#documents

Thank you sir.. I'm looking forward to finally having quality AP's, too bad it's hooked up to a cable modem 🙂

But the odds are it's an ARRIS Comcast cable modem, right!   =:^)    (our new parent company)