cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meshing T300 outdoor with main router (RB951)

martin_nyokolod
New Contributor II
Hi there! I have a RouterBoard RB951 as my main router and want to add a ruckus T300 zoneflex as a mesh to basically extend the existing SSID to the building surroundings. What type of set up is required here?
9 REPLIES 9

Thanks Michael, I didn't realise T300 could run Unleashed. Everyday is a school-day! 🙂

martin_nyokolod
New Contributor II
Hi There. Does ZoneFlex 7372 work as unleashed?

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor
Hi Martin,

ZF7372 is not supported by Unleashed. The platform support generally starts at the first raft of 802.11ac Wave 1 access points, with the odd exception such as R700.  Further details on supported APs here:  https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents?filter=82#documents

Thanks,
Darrel.

martin_nyokolod
New Contributor II
Thanks Darrel. 

I have a ZF7372 and 3 R300 outdoor AP. 

The ZF SSID and is "exampleSSID"

I would like to setup the 3 R300s to have the same SSID "exampleSSID" and password.

NB. I do not have a zone director.

Is this achievable?

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor
Hi Martin,

Yes of course! Inter-BSSID (APs with the same SSID) roaming is part of the Wi-Fi standard, so in theory, you can setup access points from different vendors with the same configuration and a Wi-Fi client will roam accross them.  In reality you'd probably find the roaming wouldn't be particularly seamless, but it would work.

The 4 x Ruckus APs you have will be operating independently of each other but providing you configure them with the same WLAN details, then your clients will connect and roam between them on a single SSID. 

Should you have any roaming issues then I'd recommend keeping your eye on eBay or similar to see if you can find a ZoneDirector 1100/1200 as this will then provide you with centralised management and monitoring and improve roaming and client management.

Hope that helps,
Darrel.