cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh configuration on Zone Director 1200 and T300 Outdoor units

mwaula_solopi
New Contributor II
Hello,  how to configure outdoor Mesh Networking topology configuration. I have a ZoneDirector 1200 and 10, T300 outdoor units. The zone director is connected on the LAN and mesh configuration is enabled. I am able to view (monitor) the connected T300 units to the same LAN using the Ethernet cables, however, once I disconnect the Ethernet cables from some units, these outdoor units fail to connect (mesh)with the other T300 units connected to the LAN via Ethernet cables. Help will be highly appreciated...
thnx
6 REPLIES 6

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
hi

are you seeing this issue in the field or while testing on table.? if field then try it on table and see if they are very close by and they mesh or not...
assuming that its in field... how much distance, LOS? what are LED status on the T300 suggesting? what does the log message on the controller indicating in the events for the AP's you disconnecting?
whats the firmware version on the controller?

mwaula_solopi
New Contributor II

Thank you for your reply, 
I have not deployed the units yet in the field but on the table.  The distance between the root AP and the Mesh AP is fair enough like less than 30 meters also. the LED status on the T300, only the DIR light is flashing Green whilst the 2.4G light is solid green and 5G light is solid umber respectively.....

Thanx again

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
hi

firmware version pls as at some firmware version, meshing was not ready on 802.11ac 5ghz which could b the issue.
also do you see meshing happening if both root and mesh ap are on the same table??

mwaula_solopi
New Contributor II
Hello,

Well, the Version firmware is 9.9.0.0 build 216 and meshing still does not happen even when the root and mesh AP are on the same table...yaa