cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MESHED NET

salvador_s_nche
New Contributor III
Good afternoon
A query from a Ruckus Root team or the main one, or master, my question is can I radiate several meshes, and each mesh connects to another mesh team, in the whole bay there are 2.5 kilometers and each Access point between them would be 50 to 60 meters Now there are 4,000 people per day that pass through that place, at some points if there are about 300 to 500 people connected at an access point.

I cannot wire more than the first Access Point.

Or what suggestion would you give me for this project
1 REPLY 1

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Chava,

You didn't mentioned what controller you are using to manage these APs. Could you confirm the controller name and version running on it.

All Ruckus controllers support mesh feature and once it is enabled on controller, any AP provisioning with controller will get the mesh SSID configured automatically.
You don't need multiple mesh SSID as single SSID will be used by all the Root APs(RAPs) and Mesh APs (Maps).

You should not considering going beyond two mesh hops because with each mesh hope, throughput will degrade by half than the last mesh/root throughput.

For example: AP1 (Root AP/RAP/Wired AP) <<>> AP2 (Mesh AP/MAP) <<> AP3 (MAP) <<> AP4 (MAP)...and so on.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn