cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MACBook Pro on 10.10.3 disconnects from Wireless and cannot reconnect

neill_swart
New Contributor II
We have a ZD1106 running on 9.8.1.0 build 101. and all the MacBooks in the office running 10.10.3 are having the same problem where they get dropped from Wifi and cannot reconnect.

We are running 802.1X EAP and I am not sure if it is an authentication issue or not, because the wifi icon on the top shows connected, but apps like Skype and Dropbox show no connectivity.

I am not sure if we need to upgrade to a latest version of firmware, and I also do not know how to do this. We have a support in place
7 REPLIES 7

bill_burns_6069
Contributor III
Apple has acknowledged a wifi issue w/ 10.10.3 that matches your problem description.When you can: update your OSX machines to 10.10.4.

I'm not sure this will help but:
I had a similar issue w/ OSX 10.7.5.
The workaround was to force a pre-"N" wifi connection.
The method I used was to put a wep password on a hidden SSID. (not supported by 802.11n and greater)
OSX 10.7.5 machines connecting to that hidden SSID no longer lose their connectivity.
(and because it's hidden, other users are not tempted/distracted by the extra SSID)

I'm told there'a a better way to achieve that pre-"N" effect but I forget what it is.

sid_sok
Contributor II
You can search our knowledge base and look for "How to enable TKIP" for the full article, but you can enable TKIP or as Bill's pointed out use WEP instead, WAP-TKIP is just a bit more secure but either one will disable 11n functionality such as channel bonding or Block-Ack.

If legacy clients are unable to connect to WLAN with WebUI encryption WPA-Mixed/Auto, a ZD CLI WLAN configuration command can be used to set WPA/TKIP.

SSH login to the ZoneDirector using a tool such as "Putty" and execute the following set of commands across the ZoneDirector to configure the TKIP based algorithm for the wlan.

ruckus>enable
ruckus#config
ruckus(config)#wlan

Eg:- ruckus(config)#wlan "BG-TKIP"

ruckus(config-wlan)#open wpa passphrase algorithm TKIP

Eg:- ruckus(config-wlan)#open wpa passphrase test1234 algorithm TKIP

ruckus(config-wlan)# exit
ruckus(config)#exit

Once after executing the above command, the WebUI interface will prevent configuring the wlan encryption options. However, still further changes can be made from the command line interface.

Sid

deven_patel
New Contributor
Hey!

Sorry for the delay on this we managed to fix our problem here. The issue was we had Channel Fly Enabled it was working great until now I guess environmental factors have changed causing the AP's to switch channels all the time, which caused the laptops to lose their connection to the AP.

So we turned off Channel Fly and enabled Background Scanning. We also rolled out new Ruckus R600 AP's

10.10.4 has helped as well we did the above changes pre 10.10.4 🙂