cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a WiFi to Ethernet bridge.

vic_lazzarevich
New Contributor II
I have a device far from an IDF that needs an IP. Looking for a WiFi to Ethernet bridge. Can I connect a 7372 AP to a wired 7762 via mesh and then use the 7372 to give out an IP?  Using a ZD1200 controller.
9 REPLIES 9

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Yeah, that would work. All Ruckus AP's by default (mesh and non-mesh) will bridge their ethernet ports to the access VLAN. You can indeed use a ruckus mesh AP as a wifi to ethernet bridge.

vic_lazzarevich
New Contributor II
I experimented by meshing the 7372 with an R500 and plugged my laptop into the 10/100 port on the 7372 but got no IP from DHCP.  Did not think to try a static IP on the laptop and checking for internet connectivity.  Should DHCP work on the laptop?

Vic

you are potentially running into an issue which has been addressed in below post --

http://supportclassic.ruckuswireless.com/forums/10/topics/1377

Not specifc to laptop but relevant to your issue... give it a shot.

Ethernet provides the very high speed 100 Mbps.  It gives you ethernet operates your link layer TCP/IP Made architecture. Ethernet provides the connectionless communication. Before transferring any data over the network if face any problem related to the network you can contact AVG Customer Care it gives you one of the best internet and network technical support.