cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help setting up 3 zf7363s with zd1100

eric_shapiro
New Contributor II
I recently purchased an apartment in Manhattan. The previous owners left behind a Ruckus WiFi setup consisting of a ZoneDirector 1100 and three ZoneFlex 7363s distributed throughout the apartment, all connected to an Apple AirPort Extreme router through a POE enabled switch.

As best I can determine, the system was installed around 5 years ago. It all appears to be up and running, but I do not have access to the user name or password, or even the WiFi password, so I can’t get in to the system. Is there a way to do a hard reset on all of this equipment so that I can start from scratch? Also, I’m not exactly clear on the Ruckus firmware upgrade policy. Will I be able to download the latest, or will I have to pay a subscription fee?

Also, I see that these 7363 APs are considered “end of life” products. Is it even worth staying with this system? I am not an expert on networking, but I’m pretty good at following directions, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

Well, I factory reset both the ZoneDirector 1100 and the three 7363's. I gave the ZD1100 a static ip address outside of the router's DHCP table. But when I tried to upgrade the software to 9.10.2.0.53, I got a warning that my current software (9.4.3.0 build 22) could not directly upgrade to that version. Apparently, I have to upgrade in stages through previous versions of the software.

I managed to download all the necessary previous versions until I got to 9.8.2.0.15. That download page says that it is available only to Premium support users. But there is a version 9.8.3.0.58 and a 9.9.1.0.52 that is available for download to all users. What's the difference? Also, there are references to "firmware" in addition to "software." Are the terms used interchangeably? I don't want to attempt any of these upgrades until I know I'm doing it correctly.

Sorry for the confusion on my part. Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated.

Eric