cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good afternoon, please I have an issue with my wifi network.

medlog_it
New Contributor III
Good afternoon, please I have an issue with my wifi network. In my company, we have five R730 access point and one zone director 1200. Our issue is how to activate smart roaming so devices can easily roam from one AP to the other very quickly. Secondly there is only one Apple device which finds it difficult to connect to the AP always.

Please I need you help.
8 REPLIES 8

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi Medlog,

The option is same in 10.3.0 build 24, try the setting mentioned above which should help.

medlog_it
New Contributor III
Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for your response, I have tried your suggestions and devices connected to the WiFi are roaming but we now have frequent disconnection of the WiFi like crazy. Is there anything one can do to stabilize the disconnections?

Initialy it was MacBook that had issue of erratic disconnection, which am yet to figure out what the solution.

Regards,
Eze

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi Medlog,

There are several factors involved with the client disconnections and we might need to look at the look at the logs, settings and the client stats to understand the issue. It will be best to open a support case and work with the TAC support team. They will help you to analyse the issue and resolve it.

medlog_it
New Contributor III
Hi Sanjay,

We do not have an active support package, I have contacted them and they refused to listen to us till we procure a support package.

My fear is that if we buy this support for an engineer to be assigned to us for this issue, will they be able to resolve the issue?

We issues like 

1. Constant disconnection of the Wifi
2. The range of the WiFi very short can't cover up to 10m
3. MacBook not connecting to the WiFi

The last configuration I carried out on the device is to enable smart roam via CLI

smart-roamig 2

after that the drops in connection have become so rampant that I have to revise it with "no smart-roaming 2" still the issue is getting worse each day.

Will support help to rectify all these?