cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing wifi with facebook login

xisco_llad
New Contributor
I have a captive portal with a facebook share option. I want users that share have granted access to our wifi trough zonedirector. It ́s possible?
6 REPLIES 6

seanmuir
Contributor III
All I know is that Ruckus have a new Social Media login option, which allows people to login to the WiFi network using their Facebook credentials via your business locations Facebook page.

For more information see Page 191 of the 9.12 User Guide:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/842-zonedirector-9-12-1-user-guide

john_d
Valued Contributor II
I think this system is based off check ins and not necessarily the sharing/liking mechanism that was being looked for.

I also haven't played around with this much, though I've been tempted to re-do my home guest network in this manner.

Your right, but its the only thing I knew off that was relevant to Facebook.

The Business location Facebook page may be off interest, as it gives him exposure, which I guess is what he is trying to achieve by using a Captive portal with a like button.

Maybe its a FR 🙂

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Yeah, it definitely sounds FR-worthy to allow business owners to choose how they'd like a FB visitor to "earn" their free wifi. Hey, I'd be willing to sell my soul a bit for my favorite coffee shops to upgrade to Ruckus!

At any rate, with that said, I'm sure you can use the existing Captive Portal / Hotspot API infrastructure to implement something like this yourself. It would require more web app coding on your side, and isn't turnkey.