cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCG/SZ AP CLI Script to get info for all APs

Greg_WiGuy
Contributor II
I have a need to audit the uplink interfaces for all APs on a monthly basis for PHY link speed (100M, or 1Gbps).

Support told me that the only way is to manually check every single AP individually via the GUI or with the CLI command below.

# remote ap-cli  "get netstats "
I was wondering if there was some way to take advantage of the AP CLI Scripts feature linked below to try and get a somewhat concise list of the output from this command on all APs?

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000004057

The article gives me the impression this might not be possible as it only returns results as successful or failed.  Figured I should check in case anyone else has some ideas.
5 REPLIES 5

albert_pierson
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi 80211WiGuy,

Unfortunately the GUI AP CLI script tool is only for AP CLI "set" commands that make configuration changes on the AP.

This tool has no mechanism to display output from a "get" command.

Thanks for the response.  Any ideas how to solve my conundrum?

I was thinking of suggesting using the SZ API, but I checked and it does not have a way to pull the network statistics for the various interfaces.

The only option I can think of would be to use a SSH/CLI tool with scripting capability and create a externally run script that used the AP MAC as a variable to run the remote ap-cli  command with each AP MAC.  You would need to create a list of AP MAC but this can be created by downloading the .csv file from Monitor::Access Points.  I have never used such a SSH/CLI tool but I believe it is available.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
I wonder if this is something visible through SNMP MIBs, ie SolarWinds or other application?