cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Access Points are randomly rebooting overnight multiple times

allnyguy
New Contributor

Description: As of about 1 week now, our Access Points for our Ruckus Unleashed environment will power off randomly, all at the same time, overnight. They will come back up after about 5 minutes, will be up for maybe 10-20 minutes and then reboot again. The switch they connect into is up the entire time and there are no power issues there. I have went through and updated the system to the latest firmware (on 7/19/2023)  and rebooted everything and it still occurred. The strange thing is it seems to happen between like 12 am and 5 am. This is an environment installed/configured initially by Lennar when we purchased the townhouse. I went to one of the access points, after it booted back up and downloaded the logs for it (i can attach them once i am back home).. but looking in the forums, it appears there is a common thread of people experiencing this same type of issue.

10 REPLIES 10

cwdarnell
New Contributor

I am having a similar issue.  rebooting (cycling off and on) multiple time per day, random time frames.  I have power cycled the modem and switch and rest the APs but still cycling.

The switch is a ICX 7150-C12P.  The lights that are on are the Port Link Status, System Status and Power.  All are green.

IMG_2805.jpg

Hi @cwdarnell and @rkumar0317 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well

As this case is raised by @allnyguy 

To avoid confusion with posts, you can create your own post with the problem you're facing and a detailed description of the network issue and what you've done so that we can guide you properly.

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

allnyguy
New Contributor

same here... when the Access Points go out, the lights on the switch are on,  my Internet connection, via my ATT fiber is up and running, but the 3 access points, across 3 floors of my house all are dark and not running. I need to either wait for them to boot back up or reboot the switch and they will come up, but, especially at night, there is a change they will black out again.