cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to Switch

smriti
New Contributor

I am trying to connect to the switch for couple of days. I followed all the documentation, still unable to connect to the switch through putty or MobaXterm. I even tried resetting the Switch but none of them is working

So far I have tried

1. Connect to USB c on switch to USB A on my laptop

2. Tried to start a new session in MobaXterm with available COM3 and 9600 port 

3. It does not connect, tried the same with putty and same result. 

Please help it is going forever.

4 REPLIES 4

smriti
New Contributor

I was able to find the ip address of the switch using an ip scanner. But the username and password does not wrking. I even reset the switch to set to factory state. But the user name and password is not working. Any idea what the combination could be?

Imran_ruckus

Hi @smriti 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

From the case description, I could understand that you need assistance in getting access to your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch CLI.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? And why are you trying to access the CLI of the Switch?

2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same showing the light status and cable connections to the Switch)

3. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from Router to a laptop/PC).

4. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

This switch has two access points and it was working just fine more than an year. Recently when I connected to the unleashed network it prompted for a firmware update for APs, I did that and from then it stopped working. When I researched it was told that the firmeware version of the switch might be older and that could be the reason I cannot access network. I am unable to connect to the configure.me networks even if it shows up in the wifi list. So I was hoping to update the firmware on the switch. But I was unable to connect to it. I did run a ip scanner and tried to connect to webgui, but none of the password combinations are working including the one on the back of the box. webgui.pngWhatsApp Image 2023-05-26 at 5.00.58 PM.jpeg

Hi @smriti 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Could you please let me know where the ethernet cable is coming from which is marked in the below screenshot?

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.