cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch stop working

Fin
New Contributor

My switch is installed in a home. The switch no longer puts out power over Ethernet to the access points

4 REPLIES 4

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Fin 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for reaching out to RUCKUS Lennar Home Community. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve the issues you are experiencing with your RUCKUS setup.

Based on the information provided, it appears that you are encountering issues with no power on RUCKUS Access Points.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are committed to assisting you promptly.

To better assist you, could you please provide the following information:

1. If it was working before, were there any power outages before the issue began?
2. When your switch is connected to the outlet, do you observe any illuminated lights (amber or green)? Kindly describe which lights are visible. Additionally, please provide a photo showing the status of the lights and the full switch panel with cable connections to the switch ports.

Please log into your RUCKUS Account before uploading these photos/screenshots.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out. 

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to resolving this matter for you promptly.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

As far as I know there were no power outages before the problem started. There are green lights by the input port and at the power and syst lights. Amber lights at ports 1-3. No lights at ports 4-6. I attached pictures to show. I stated that I’m not getting Poe at the access points, so no WiFi. But also get nothing from the other ports running things like ring and lutron. Thanks for help. 

IMG_4175.jpeg

IMG_4174.jpeg

Hi @Fin 

Thank you for your response and for the detailed information you provided.

Please unplug and plug the Access Points ethernet cable from the Switch ports to any other 12 ports (refer to the below screenshot)

Imran_ruckus_1-1727354489800.png

Based on the light status indicators of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch, it appears to be in a normal state.

Additionally, from the picture you shared, it seems that the Ethernet cable from your ISP’s router or modem/router combo is connected to the incorrect port on the switch. It should be plugged into one of the 12 designated input ports, as shown in the screenshot below.

Please unplug the ISP Ethernet cable and connect it to the correct port. Additionally, reboot your ISP router by disconnecting it from the power outlet and then plugging it back in. After doing so, please attempt to check and connect to the Internet via the Access Points.

Imran_ruckus_2-1727354509742.png

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

IMG_4187.jpeg

IMG_4186.jpeg

IMG_4185.jpeg

IMG_4184.jpeg

 sorry. When reconnecting for picture purposes I did put the input in the wrong port. Sent new pics with working devices and good lights on the first few ports. Moved the two access points to 11 and 12 ports and get no lights. Not sure if that’s the switch not putting out Poe of did both access points fail at the same time,  seems unlikely.   Thanks for the help and sorry for my mistake. Hope the new pics and info help with diagnosis.