cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Lennar Switch (ICX-7150-C12P) NOT working

tandemsankar
New Contributor

Hi,

Can someone please help me. I having issue with my Lennar Ruckus Switch (ICX-7150-C12P).

1. Un-stable/slow connection.

2. Unable to connect switch from Unleashed web/App.

3. Unable to connect the switch from console port also.

Please find the below error message in dashboard.

:Failed to ping ICX 192.168.x.xx. Suggest checking the network.:

*Unleashed system only supports ICX firmware version 08.0.90 or later.

Switch’s Console ports are not responding. I have tried different troubleshooting steps however, the failure persists, and unable to perform the software recovery on the Switch.

tandemsankar_0-1713574789793.png

Can you please someone help me to fix the issue.

22 REPLIES 22

Hi Imran,

Please find the below requested screenshots. 

tandemsankar_0-1713973861907.png

tandemsankar_1-1713973871326.png

Hi @tandemsankar 

Thank you for the response and for sharing the requested information.

Have you installed the RUCKUS Switch drivers on your Windows laptop? If not, please follow the below process and try to access the Switch console once again.

Please make sure to download the zip drive for the file below & "extract all". Once it's extracted, run the file, and the driver should be installed.

Link:https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/1414-brocade-ruckus-7150-usb-serial-driver-windows

Link: silabs.com/developers/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers?tab=downloads

Also, please try to access the Switch console using a USB Type-C cable once. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard. 

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran.

As per instructions, I have downloaded & install the drivers. Still the console ports are not responding.

I have tried with USB-c option also, port not responding.

I have strong feeling its hard failure/ port failure. I will wait for your (experts) review comments.

Hi @tandemsankar 

Thank you for the update.

Based on the troubleshooting done, your ICX-7150-C12P Switch is not working after a hard reset, unable to access the Switch CLI and both the Console ports are not working. Tried multiple times with different troubleshooting steps however, the failure persists. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Thank you Imran, I followed the steps and created a case, the Ruckus Networks Support Case no is: 01691808.