cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX7150-C12 Switch is frequently dropping internet connection

darkcoffee243
New Contributor

I own a Lennar home that comes with a pre-installed Ruckus ICX7150-C12. I never had issues with the internet connection from the switch until a Spectrum agent came over to my house to replace their modem with another one. Since then, any connection via the ruckus switch, either through ethernet or the unleash wireless access points, has been unstable. Unstable, meaning my browser failing to find the DNS server, videos not loading, etc. My router, a TP-link AC1750, is connected in between the ruckus switch and modem and has no problems connecting to the internet. I've tried resetting the Ruckus Switch via powercycling and factory resetting the TP-link router, but the issues still persist.

I also noticed that the Spectrum representative rearranged my cat6 cables that are connected from the router to the switch. I don't know why he did this, or what else he changed. Currently, the configurations are this: The modem's ethernet cable is connected to the router, and the router's ethernet cable is connected to one of the 10 numbers ethernet ports.

In short, the ruckus switch's connection to my internet has been poor ever since my modem was swapped out for another one. Resetting all three devices (switch, router, modem) doesn't seem to have helped.

27 REPLIES 27

andy_perkins
New Contributor

Same problem Lennar home.   I'm having trouble accessing serial login.   What is the default login for the serial connection?

gary_dabbagh
New Contributor

I have the identical issue.

call Lennar Ruckus support at 877-676-8641. 
Drew helped to determine that the ICX7150 switch was acting as a router and not as a switch. 
if that can be changed, great, but mine wouldn’t change.

He told me to get an RMA from Ruckus. They sent me one the next day. 
problem solved, i hope. 

gilles_muller
New Contributor

I followed these instructions but I used the usb-c COM interface, where I could stay connected during reboot.The didn't work for me either, but I could see why:

The issue is that the Primary image got corrupted during power loss. When the device tries to boot from there, it fails and then tried to boot from the secondary image (router mode) which succeeds.

Here is my boot log:

Booting image from Primary

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x0, size 0x2000000
8 ecc_errors after reading 1b48000:1b49c00
iproc_nand_read_page returned 2
NAND read from offset 0 failed -22
 0 bytes read: ERROR
## Loading kernel from FIT Image at 70000200 ...
Bad FIT kernel image format!
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
could not boot from primary, no valid image; trying to boot from secondary
device 0 offset 0x0, size 0xc0000
BOOTING image from Secondary