cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150 switch does not boot

bwiscott44
New Contributor

A little background on the progression of issues with this unit. This is the 5th time I have had an issue with this Switch over the past two years.

• First it was it booting into router mode. 
  • 2nd and 3rd time I was able to reboot the switch and it happened to catch on like the 40th attempt and boot up.
  • 4th time it wouldnt boot similar to the issue I have having now. However, I was able to complete the Software Recovery and get it going.
  • Current Issue: As of a power outage this morning I am unable to complete the Software Recovery process since the switch does not allow me to connect. The serial connection is unresponsive.

I have now spent over 80 hrs of time the past couple years having to constantly troubleshoot/fix this product. Since I can no longer even connect to it and attempt the Software Recovery it would seem to me the unit is done for.

7 REPLIES 7

Imran_ruckus

Hi @bwiscott44 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you have issues with the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is not working.

Apologies for the inconvenience. Let me help you with this.

Please let us know the answer to the below queries to assist you better.

1. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

2. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to ALL the above queries or let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

bwiscott44
New Contributor

IMG_2454.jpeg

Power light is green, status light is amber/orange. No switch access ports have activity or link lights. Ceiling AP's(3) do not have power over Ethernet - no lights.

Hi @bwiscott44 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Could you please connect software recovery cables between the Switch and the laptop then try again? Please share a screenshot of the Device Manager showing COM port details.

Please refer to the below guide for the process.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-Switch-with-an...

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran,

Sorry for the delay, I was not at home for a couple days. I left the switch unplugged for the two days I was gone and when I plugged it back in the mode had not changed, but I was able to terminal into it and complete a software recovery again. The network is back up and running now, but my concern is this unit seems to keep getting worse. 

Any ideas on why I would not be able to terminal to it, then all of a sudden be able to?