cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150 Stuck in Boot Mode - No Success with Hard Reset

ara911
New Contributor

hi my Ruckus ICX 7150 Stuck in Boot Mode and I have No Success with Hard Reset like 20 times already.

any other solution ? 

6 REPLIES 6

pinky_ruckus

Hello @ara911 ,

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you tried to perform a reset on the Switch, and it didn’t work even after performing for multiple times.

May I please know if you have completed the Software recovery process after the reset?

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to fix the issue when the Switch is in boot mode.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-Switch-with-an...

Please follow the process as explained in the article and let me know if you have any queries or getting stuck at any point. 

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

hi thanks for respond, Is there a guide for Mac? also my Mac air do not have ethernet port.

Hello @ara911 ,

Thank you for the response.

I understand that you are unable to perform software recovery process on your Mac Air as there is no ethernet port.

Firstly, I would request you to please arrange a Windows laptop if possible as the process would be easier in Windows laptop.

Secondly, please note that using both a USB Type-C and an Ethernet cable is mandatory for the software recovery process. If your laptop does not have an Ethernet port, we recommend using an external Ethernet adapter, as illustrated in the screenshot below.

If there is no Windows laptop. For MAC devices, please follow the instructions in the guide below to obtain console access. Additionally, ensure that you connect another cable for the software recovery process.

Guide for obtaining console access to the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Once you have console access, please refer to the video below for TFTP configuration on a MAC:

TFTP Configuration on MAC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iviyd91HntU

Be sure to establish the console connection to the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch in a separate terminal screen before activating the internal TFTP server on the MAC.

Commands and further steps must be followed from the RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article shared in my previous post.

Should you have any questions or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

hi, Im sorry Im complete loss, I believe I have access or almost to the switch , but the video is very difficult to fallow. any other way ?