cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus AP R510 not broadcasting WIFI since change of router

aman_dhaliwal_a
New Contributor
I have a Lennar home with a Ruckus switch icx 7150-c12p, which is then hardwired to 2 different R510 APs. When I moved to this house, AT&T had installed the internet, they had installed their modem router combo, which was hard-wired to the Ruckus 7150. Yesterday I switched service to Spectrum and got their modem installed. I added my Netgear Nighthawk router to the modem and then took the Eth cable from AT&T modem-router and plugged into my router. I thought this would work seamlessly. I did not change anything else. So now it looks like, Spectrum modem -> Netgear router -> Ruckus switch. But unfortunately, this lead to APs not broadcasting my Wifi anymore, I could not connect to them. Then I connected a Eth cable to switch and checked internet connectivity with a laptop which works fine. I tried power cycle switch, router etc. I even unplugged POE cables for APs to power cycle them. None of this helped. Then after a while, I replugged my ATT router back to switch and everything started working again. I need to get rid of ATT service so I need to make this work but do not know-how. What could be done?

TDLR- changed router from ATT to Netgear, APs not broadcasting any Wifi, only internet is with ETH cable from Switch. 
7 REPLIES 7

test_debug
New Contributor
The Power led will flash green if the AP isn't getting a DHCP address. It will go solid green once it gets the DHCP address.

stephen_bishop
New Contributor

2021 and I have this issue.  Spectrum modem, Ruckus Unleashed, and new Netgear Nighthawk.  Lost my WiFi access I had with the dual router - modem from Spectrum.   Solution?

joseph_caruso
New Contributor

I have the same issue. a r510 will nolong send out wifi with Spectrum router.