cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 Not powering on

NickM0511
New Contributor

Good Morning -

I have having an issue with my R510 Access Point in my Lennar home.

The master AP is working normally, but the secondary AP is not powering on at all.

I have tried to disconnect it, but no matter what I do, there is no power light even coming up.

I believe this needs to be replaced.

11 REPLIES 11

Imran_ruckus

Hi @NickM0511 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that one of your Access Points is not powering up.

Please check with another working ethernet cable, since we have seen in many cases ceiling ethernet cable getting damaged.

Also, you could the Access Point by connecting to an external power 12 VDC adapter to connect to the R510 Access Point and check it separately without connecting to the Switch PoE port cable. (Please refer to the below screenshot). Usually, you will find the 12 VDC adapter connected to your ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router/modem router combo device.

Please check the Access Point following the above process and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi @NickM0511 

Greetings of the day!!!

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please update me on the status of the issue? Please let me know if you tried connecting your non-working access points with an external power adapter.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hello -

I have tried the suggested actions and there is still no power indicator light coming on.

Hi @NickM0511 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Could you please plug your Non-working Access Point with an external power adapter into a working power outlet and send us PICTURES and VIDEO of it showing the light status, and external power adapter connected to the Access Point, and a working power outlet? Please refer to the below pictures as an example. (Please note in the below picture there is a Switch just as an example, use an Access Point with a power adapter in your case)

Please use the below link to upload a VIDEO:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16lG-j0MSKzjqBJSY4rsgh4myUlseA9bz?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi