cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdoor AP

bbradley01
New Contributor

Looking to add an outdoor AP to my existing Ruckus switch and 2 indoor APs from Lennar. Do I need to use a ruckus outdoor AP to keep all APs on the same WIFI network? If so, does Ruckus make an outdoor AP for backyards. All I see are ones made for airports and bars and trains that are like 3-4 thousand dollars. Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Imran_ruckus

Hi @bbradley01 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

As per the case description, I could understand that you need information about Outdoor Access Points.

Yes, you could add another Outdoor Access Point to your existing Wi-Fi network.

Please refer to the below links regarding details of the Products and Outdoor APs:

https://www.ruckusnetworks.com/products/wireless-access-points/

https://www.commscope.com/globalassets/digizuite/62228-ruckus-product-guide.pdf

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I’m looking to do the same thing.  Did you have any luck with this?  If so, what model of outdoor AP did you use and how difficult was it to add it?

Hi @NoCode 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well

As this case is raised by @bbradley01 which is old and now closed.

To avoid confusion with posts, you can create your own post with the problem you're facing and a detailed description of the network issue and what you've done so that we can guide you properly.

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I actually found a T300 on eBay, purchased it and was able to install it.  Took me a while to figure it all out but I had to rollback the firmware on my indoor APs to match the t300’s. But I got it all to work.