cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISP line cut and restored, now ICX 7150-c12p not working

jason_simek
New Contributor

Hi, my ISP had an outage due to a line cut for 1.5 days. After restoring service my switch would no longer send power to the 2 APs. Now the SYST light is solid amber and the PWR is solid green. Modem/Router from ISP is working and currently plugged in to ethernet for internet currently, no wireless.

Steps Taken:

• Power cycle all devices - No success
  • Reset button on ruckus switch. Hold for 10sec and release. 20x - No success
  • Reset button on ruckus switch. Unplug switch, press reset button and hold, plug in switch. 20x - No success
  • Stuck at the next step: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Lennar-ICX7150-C12-Switch-un...
    • I have an older macbookpro that I can connect to switch with ethernet cable and USB to USBC cable, but do not know how to login to console and reset switch. Please help.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Imran_ruckus

Hi @jason_simek 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for reaching out to the RUCKUS Lennar Home Community. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve the issues you are experiencing with your RUCKUS setup.

Based on the information provided, it appears that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is stuck in boot mode with an Amber SYST LED.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are committed to assisting you promptly.

As the physical reset with a paper clip is not working the only option left is to perform the Switch Software Recovery.

Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article for the process:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-Switch-with-an...

We suggest using a Windows laptop for the software recovery process.

Please note, for this process, we must use ethernet cable (both ends RJ45 plugs) and USB to type C cable together as described in steps 2 & 3 in the guide link.

Please follow the process and let me know if you are stuck at any point during the process.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

What are my options as I do not have access to a PC or windows machine? I can try to attempt this on a VDI machine accessed from my Macbook, but feel that will get complicated if even possible.

Can you link to solution using a mac please.

Can I somehow access and reset with hardline ethernet connection and IP address to switch?

Hi @jason_simek 

Greetings!

Please use the private chat option to respond so we can proceed further. For your reference, I have included a screenshot below.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi 

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Hi @jason_simek 

Greetings!

Please use the private chat option to respond so we can proceed further. For your reference, I have included a screenshot below.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi 

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community