cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help AT&T Arris modem router not working with Ruckus ICX7150-C12P

Rspinks0518
New Contributor

We’ve had this ruckus since the house was built in 2018. We have AT&T and have never had success with our Ruckus and access point. AT&T said the ruckus is slowing our internet down and has turned off our access point because when it’s on it doesn't work properly,  WiFi is extremely slow and the AP flashes red most the time. When we turn the access point off and use just the AT&T router and plug the Ethernet cables for our Ring, Kevo, ADT, etc into the Ruckus everything goes even slower. I need this to work, I paid for this and have never been able to use it. After the first year we had a power outage and someone from Amazon Home sent a tech out annd he replaced the Ruckus because it was fried. It work ok but still not great. I work from home and I don’t understand all this to be able to mess with it since ATT unplugged it all now. The AP are off and Ruckus isn’t even plugged in to the Arris.  My smart home should work with the ruckus and the access point with the AT&T fiber router modem without issues. 
I just need for someone’s assistance with our setup. Like I mentioned I don’t understand any of the technical stuff so I need a person from Ruckus to assist me - explain to me like I’m 5!. I want to find the issue and figure out why we can’t use the Ruckus with our router to connect our devices. I’d like to be able to use the access point without it diminishing our signal. Our house is one story only 2300 sq feet and I can’t get signal without an extender. I prefer to use the Ruckus and AP if someone can please contact me to help I would appreciate it

14 REPLIES 14

Rspinks0518
New Contributor

.bumping for assistance pls

Hi @Rspinks0518 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

2. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let me know the answers to ALL the above queries or let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Good morning, 

ATT unplugged the Ruckus from the Arris and unplugged the AP. As of now there is a green light on system and power. The out of band management port RJ-45 has a blue cord plugged in that is not connected to anything and the WAP cord isn’t connected either. It was all set up and not working great and ATT disconnected it. I am not sure what needs to be connected where to get the ruckus going and the AP back on. Also I am unable to log into my account as it tells me I am not connected to the unleashed network go to settings. I do and it shows connected to my local network. 

Ruckus 

WAP cord and RJ45 cord not connected  

Hi @Rspinks0518 

Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared.

As per the light status of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch, it seems to be in a normal status.

As I see from the picture you shared, it seems like the ethernet cable coming from the ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router or Modem/Router combo is plugged into the wrong port on the Switch panel. It must be plugged into any 1 in-12 ports as shown in the below screenshot. Please unplug the ethernet cable and plug it into the correct port and try to connect to the Internet via Access Points.

Also, connect the RUCKUS Access Point’s ethernet cable to any 1 in-12 ports as well. If required reboot (Unplug and plug from the power outlet) your Internet Service Provider (ISP) Router and RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12p Switch.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.