cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help AT&T Arris modem router not working with Ruckus ICX7150-C12P

Rspinks0518
New Contributor

We’ve had this ruckus since the house was built in 2018. We have AT&T and have never had success with our Ruckus and access point. AT&T said the ruckus is slowing our internet down and has turned off our access point because when it’s on it doesn't work properly,  WiFi is extremely slow and the AP flashes red most the time. When we turn the access point off and use just the AT&T router and plug the Ethernet cables for our Ring, Kevo, ADT, etc into the Ruckus everything goes even slower. I need this to work, I paid for this and have never been able to use it. After the first year we had a power outage and someone from Amazon Home sent a tech out annd he replaced the Ruckus because it was fried. It work ok but still not great. I work from home and I don’t understand all this to be able to mess with it since ATT unplugged it all now. The AP are off and Ruckus isn’t even plugged in to the Arris.  My smart home should work with the ruckus and the access point with the AT&T fiber router modem without issues. 
I just need for someone’s assistance with our setup. Like I mentioned I don’t understand any of the technical stuff so I need a person from Ruckus to assist me - explain to me like I’m 5!. I want to find the issue and figure out why we can’t use the Ruckus with our router to connect our devices. I’d like to be able to use the access point without it diminishing our signal. Our house is one story only 2300 sq feet and I can’t get signal without an extender. I prefer to use the Ruckus and AP if someone can please contact me to help I would appreciate it

14 REPLIES 14

Hi Imran, thank you so much for the quick reply!! 

The blue cable you instructed to move into one of the 1-12 ports isn’t connected to anything on the other end, so they disconnected it from the router modem. I did as you instructed and moved this cable from the port it was in and into the first port (orangish light above it). I also took the blue cable labeled WAP and plugged that into one of the 1-12 ports as well in between the orange cables. I am unsure where the unplugged cord should go into the Arris? Ruckus cord to router modem 

image.jpg

Hi @Rspinks0518 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Ethernet cable from the ISP Router should be connected to the 1 in-12 ports on the RUCKUS Switch and you can connect any devices to any other 1 in-12 ports on the Switch to connect them to the Internet. RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch just acts as a mediator to connect devices and smart devices with an ethernet cable such as Laptops/PC, Access Points, Smart devices, etc.

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran, understood! I plugged the Ruckus into the Arris and now I see the AP has lights and there is an orange light on at one of the ports. Does this all look correct? 
The Arris box from ATT is a modem router combo from my understanding. They kept saying that since it’s a router the Ruckus was causing interference…I should be able to turn the router function off on the Arris to so it is only going through the ruckus correct? (Otherwise it’s 2 routers working at the same time which is why they said to not use the ruckus just the Arris and unplugged the Ruckus) 

AP lights 

Ruckus orange light 

Hi @Rspinks0518 

Thank you for the response and the information.

The light status of the RUCKUS ICX7150-C12P Switch and Access Points seems normal.

The connection to the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch must be:

ISP Modem>>ISP Router>>RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch  OR

ISP Modem-Router Combo>>RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch 

Please note, it doesn't work with only Modem. You need a Router or Modem-Router combo from your ISP connected to the ICX-7150-C12P switch. And from the 12 Switch ports, you could connect your devices such as Access Points, smart devices, wired ethernet cables for your laptop/PC, etc.,

Please confirm if you are able to connect to the Internet via the RUCKUS setup.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran,

Got it, thank you for the info! It looks like it’s all working! I see the Ruckus listed in my smart home manager as well! All my devices connected to the ruckus are up and going now, too! 

I do have one more question, how do I log into the Unleashed app or the website? 

thanks again for all of your help! 
rebecca