cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amber/Orange light on "SYST" & Green light on "PWR" & NO lights on APs after a power outage

AGM_LM
New Contributor

Hi, my switch is ICX 7150-C12P. Today, the Amber/Orange light on "SYST" the Green light on "PWR" & NO lights on APs after a power outage. I tried paper clip reset but it doesn't work, according to the forum I probably need to perform the software recovery. The problem is that it looks like there is no guide to instruct users with MAC OS to perform the software recovery. Greatly appreciated if anyone could show the steps and cable needed to perform the software recovery with MAC OS. Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

AGM_LM
New Contributor

Hi Imran, any solution for my case? Thanks

Hi Imran,

Could you please assist me with this issue? As I mentioned I am unable to perform the software recovery on my MacOS laptop. I followed the procedure you provided, which is firstly installing the driver to recognize the Type-C cable, but it seemed the driver installation failed, so I was stuck at that point. Although you suggested finding a Windows OS machine to do the software recovery, I don't have access to any machine running Windows OS.

It has been a week since the switch went down. Could you please kindly assist further? If there's no solution available, I am requesting an RMA for a new device.

Thank you.

Hi @AGM_LM 

Greetings!!!!

My Apologies for the delayed response to this post. As I was on leave.

Could you please let me know the status of the issue?

Apologies again and appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I eventually managed to use a laptop running Windows OS to complete the software recovery because there was no detailed guide for setting up TFTP on laptops running macOS. This lack of information meant that even though I could establish a console connection from my macOS laptop to the Switch, I didn't know how to transfer the downloaded image from my macOS laptop to the Switch to complete the flash image process. Perhaps the details on how to set up TFTP under macOS are mentioned in the knowledge base, but I didn't see them.

Anyway, I have now completed the software recovery, enabling the Switch out of boot mode, and updating both partitions to the latest UFI code firmware using a USB thumb drive. It's done. But it took me nearly 2 weeks to complete without any assistance from Ruckus. My point is, nearly 90% of Lennar residents use Ruckus devices, but I believe not every Lennar resident is an IT expert comfortable with complex IT terminology to complete a so-called software recovery. Moreover, a significant portion of end-users use macOS, but your software recovery guide is basically aimed at Windows users, which is quite unfriendly for macOS users. In summary, if another Lennar resident encounters a similar issue and unfortunately they are a macOS user, all I can say to them is Good Luck.