cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Points with no power after outage

Rachael
New Contributor

Hello,

I had a power outage last night, but when the power turned back on my Ruckus R510 Access Points did not turn back on. I do have internet access through my internet providers router (Cox). I have unplugged my ruckus CX 7150-C12P several times and plugged back in. The CX 7150-C12P does have a green light indicating that there is power. The access points to not have any lights turned on. I’ve tried accessing my network through the unleashed app, but I get an error and am unable to. Please help me restore power to my access points. Thank you!

19 REPLIES 19

Hey Imran,

this does not work and I am not a technician. This has been completed and it does not work.

IMG_0040.jpeg

IMG_0041.jpeg

Hi @Rachael 

Greetings!!

Thank you for sharing the requested information on private chat.

Based on the troubleshooting done, your ICX-7150-C12P Switch is stuck on boot mode and not working with physical resets multiple times. You tried to perform software recovery with different devices with no luck and the failure persists. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Rachael
New Contributor

Hey Imran,

I have received my RMA and my lights are now all green and power has been restored to the access points. I see my network back on my list of WiFi options but I am unable to connect to it. It just keeps spinning on my phone and I’ve tried to forget and rejoin but that doesn’t do the trick. I’ve provided screenshots. Please assist.

IMG_0048.png

IMG_0045.png

Hey Imran,

I wanted to provide additional information as I’ve continued to read through other forums and follow the steps, but have not been able to resolve the issue still. 

I followed the instructions to access my ap and find the IP address for my new ruckus but was unable to locate it. I’ve downloaded the fing app and entered every single device IP address into my browser and none pull up any sort of ruckus log in.

I then go into the unleash app and try changing the login destination but it says that it is unable to find it. I do not remember the password for the ruckus app but when I try to reset the password it tells me that I am not connected to a ruckus network which I can not do because my device will not connect and I can not find the appropriate IP address.

also noting that there are green lights on both of  my access points and I have tried rebooting my router and also deleting and reading the ruckus app.

IMG_0048.png

IMG_0060.jpeg

IMG_0056.jpeg

Hi @Rachael 

Greetings,

We apologize for any inconvenience, but please be advised that the RMA process for this case/post thread has been completed and the matter is now closed.

To facilitate further assistance, we kindly request that you submit a new case/post on the Lennar Community portal, including a detailed description of the issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community