cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Points with no power after outage

Rachael
New Contributor

Hello,

I had a power outage last night, but when the power turned back on my Ruckus R510 Access Points did not turn back on. I do have internet access through my internet providers router (Cox). I have unplugged my ruckus CX 7150-C12P several times and plugged back in. The CX 7150-C12P does have a green light indicating that there is power. The access points to not have any lights turned on. I’ve tried accessing my network through the unleashed app, but I get an error and am unable to. Please help me restore power to my access points. Thank you!

19 REPLIES 19

Hi @Rachael 

Thank you for your response and the update.

Please keep me informed of any progress. Should you encounter any difficulties during the process, do not hesitate to reach out—I am more than happy to assist.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Hello Imran,

the software update didn’t work. I have a MacBook and the instructions say to make updates through the terminal. When I try following the guide it’s not displaying what the instructions say it should.

IMG_0035.jpeg

Hey Imran,

it didn’t work on my mac. I had a friend come over and bring his PC. We followed all instructions, tried multiple Ethernet cables and adapters to make sure those weren’t the issues. When opening putty nothing is happening and the screen remained blank. all steps were followed exactly and we tried multiple times. I am trying to add images, but it says I have exceeded the size. This is an expensive piece of equipment and it is impacting my ability to work from home. The only point of customer service should Not be through a forum. This is terrible. Please ensure that this issue is resolved.

Hi @Rachael 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the update.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Could you please download/install the Switch drivers and try to access Putty and follow the software recovery process once again?

- RUCKUS ICX-7150 USB Serial Driver (Windows): :https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/1414-brocade-ruckus-7150-usb-serial-driver-windows

- Silicon Labs USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers: silabs.com/developers/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers?tab=downloads

If it is not working even after the above steps, please share a picture showing the software recovery cable connection between the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and the laptop/PC.

Please help me with above queries and let me know if you have any queries.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community