cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus One DHCP scope limitations

LewisT
New Contributor

Hi

We have recently upgraded our Campus Wifi to Ruckus One. We are a large Campus similar to a large university in scale with multiple buildings and tenants.

Our old setup was multiple SSISs on multiple profiles to allow many different tenants to coexist on the same L2 network with differing VLANs. (I know not great at all)

We are now using a full L3 network with VLANs to achieve the same thing. We have opted to use Ruckus' DPSK option to remove 10+ SSIDs whilst allowing the many tenants to exist on their own VLAN.

This is setup under a single Venue in R1 with multiple Locations representing the different buildings.

The issue we have ran into with Ruckus One is the limitation of the number of DHCP scopes that can be applied per Venues with R1. This is a maximum of 4. The means that using the internal DHCP option in R1, we can only define 4 scopes for 4 VLANs. This is very limiting for us.

We raised a support ticket and were told this is a limitation of R1 as most customers have no requirement for more than 4 DHCP scopes.

My request is that can we have an increased amount of scopes, ideally 10+ as we use VLanning heavily for our many tenants under one Venue. I can't believe that we can be the only people doing this.

We have opted to do DHCP on our switches which is possible, but we have 50+ switches and that means 50+ DHCP configs because we have chosen a L3 setup with different subnets per building for isolation with routing in between as required.

The alternative is a static DHCP server to serve the whole network but ideally we wanted to move away from this option.

Is there a specific reason why DHCP is so limited in R1?

Thanks

Lewis

0 REPLIES 0