cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Points Periodically Disconnecting/Reconnecting to Cloud

mphelpsmd
New Contributor

I have a small wireless network consisting of 4 Ruckus R850 AP's that are cloud-controlled.  In the past week or so, I've been frequently receiving messages about one of the access points disconnecting from the cloud.  Within an hour I get an update that it's reconnected to the cloud.  It's happened on all four access points, but never two at the same time.

Not sure if it's coincidental or a potential cause, but the firmware on the AP's was updated recently to 7.0.0.200.6365, and it's shortly after this that I noticed the sporadic messages.

I've seen this previously for a transient loss of Internet access, but I've had a solid Internet connection during the times that the AP's have been temporarily disconnected from the cloud.  And none of the firewall settings have changed (the Ruckus cloud controller required sites are explicitly allowed in my firewall); the spontaneous reconnection also is evidence against a firewall issue.

I appreciate any information on the implications (if any) of these controller disconnects.

Mike  

0 REPLIES 0