cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero IT activation using On-boarding portal on Ruckus Cloud Controller

jimmy34
New Contributor

I'm at a School - I've got a ZD1200 and it's setup to onboard students or staff to get a DPSK through a wlan based on Active Directory group. I've been using this for years. It's one of the main reasons we chose to go with Ruckus. We're a small school and I can control the number of users on the APs this way. I just put a password on the on-boarding wlan so students can only put specific devices on it based on whether I log into the wlan or not.

Is Zero-IT dead on the Ruckus Cloud controller? I've downloaded the manual for the Ruckus Cloud controller and don't even see Zero-It in it.

1 REPLY 1

albert_pierson
RUCKUS Team Member

Hello Jimmy34,

The ZD feature "Zero-IT" where a login page from the ZD can be used to authenticate clients, either locally or from AAA like LDAP, and then provision the client device with DPSK (or also 802.1x EAP-TLS certificate) HAS NEVER BEEN available with the SZ platform or RUCKUS Cloud system.

This feature in the ZD was always problematical as it requires the ZD to recognize the client device operating system and use tools provided by that specific operating system to create and upload the DPSK configured in the ZD system.

This was particular challenge as new client device operating systems and newer versions are released.

RUCKUS recommends using "Cloudpath" system for this type of Client provisioning.  This is a much more robust system that can interact with multiple client device OS and versions and is continuously being updated.

There is a Cloudpath system available for use with RUCKUS Cloud.

albert_pierson_0-1680277323360.png

Please contact your RUCKUS sales team who can arrange licensing for this feature.

I hope this answers your questions.

Thanks for choosing RUCKUS network sytems.

Albert Pierson

Principle Support Engineer.