cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to contect mobile devices to different SSID's with the exception of one.

eric_buffington
New Contributor II
Unable to connect mobile devices to different SSID's with the exception of one. I can connect to the default V-Lan and get out to the internet, but the other two Vlans won't allow me to connect.  I can ping the other two Vlans from my computer.  I'm using a layer 2 switch and I have the trunk allowed 1, 50, 60, 100.  I can connect and pass traffic only on Vlan 1.  I checked with teh ISP and they are broadcasting/advertising routes through their Fortinet D60 appliance.  The Vlans all worked when we had cisco router in place of the Fortinet.  I'm stumped?
8 REPLIES 8

What do you mean "switch the AP over to one of the other VLans" ?  If you connect you laptop or phone to the wlan assigned to vlan 50, does the device get a valid IP?  Same question if connecting to the other tagged wlans.

Sorry misread lol. Mobile devices won’t connect and no valid IP on SSID’s associated with Vlan 50 and 60.

Can you check if the DHCP scope is defined for the vlan interfaces?  Depending on where the DHCP service resides, you may need a helper address. 

David,

Looks like I had some VLAN overlap with another location using that subnet and dhcp pool.  The engineer did not have it documented.  Made the change to a new subnet and dhcp pool, rebooted the AP and we now have internet.  Good call David.  Thanks.