cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use guest access without ssl cert. for ZD1200 9.13.3.041 firmware?

alan_tam_ell5st
New Contributor III
Hi,
    I would like to know is there anyway to assign guest access with using SSL cert. Because, when I setup guest access with no authentification. I set redirect page to www.google.com. When test on guest access, the google page will show "Your connection is not private error.". The user can not browse internet.

Is there anyway to setup guest access without ssl cert and let guest browse internet using http?

Thanks.

Best regard.

Alan
11 REPLIES 11

alan_tam_ell5st
New Contributor III
Hi pmonardo,

Can you please tell me more about CNA take over? I am just setting a normal guest access without any authentication. I am not using captive portal. Will the pop-up browser will also pop-up at mobile phone also.?

Thanks for reply.

Best regard.

Alan

alan_tam_ell5st
New Contributor III
1. Redirect to the URL that the user intends to visit: Allows the guest user to continue to their destination without redirection.
2. Redirect to the following URL: Redirect the user to a specified web page (entered into the text box) prior to forwarding them to their destination. When guest users land on this page, they are shown the expiration time for their guest pass.

If I select the first option , can I bypass “Your connection is not private”

Thanks

Alan

pasquale_monard
New Contributor III
I don't understand what you are trying to do. You are setting up guest access without authentication and are not using captive portal so in that case CNA won't even apply.

Why are you trying to get them to redirect somewhere if you don't have a portal they need to process?

Have an Open SSID for your visitors where as soon as they connect, they are on the internet 

alan_tam_ell5st
New Contributor III
My main purpose is allow visitor to access internet but can not browse our corporate network pc. If I setup open ssid, how am I going to block visitor from connect or browse our internal network. Do I need to use l3 acl to limit visitor? After setup do I need to tunnel to zone controller? If in guest access mode, they can browse internet but they can not connect to our internal network.

Any suggestion?

Thanks for reply .

Alan

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor
Hi Alan,
Guest access won't provide you with any network segmentation between guest users and corporate network resources, it's simply acting as access control.

Ideally you need to set guest users on a different VLAN to corporate users to provide traffic segementation.  Have a look at this support article:  https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000001547

Thanks,
Darrel.