cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoneflex r310 AP

MH
New Contributor

Beste Jeroen

Ik heb een vraag. Ik ben samen met collega's een bedrijfspand van een failliet ondernemer terug aan het brengen naar basic om opnieuw verhuurd te kunnen worden.

Hier achtergebleven lag nog een compleet oud bedraad netwerk inclusief die 7 tal AP Zoneflex R310 en in de serverkast een switch en een modem.

De modem heb je niets aan daar deze van een provider is. De switch en AP's heb ik wel meegenomen. De switch is niet van Ruckus en heb ik volledig weten te resetten zodat deze voor mijn eigen netwerk beschikbaar is. Helaas de AP's krijg ik niet voor elkaar. Ik kan ze wel terugzetten naar fabrieksinstellingen via de resetknop waarna ik wel toegang tot het standaard menu krijg en hier wat kan instellen, maar niet heel veel bijzonders. Het wifi netwerk in elk geval niet en dat is juist waar een AP voor is.

Als ik kijk naar wat er op mijn laptop in de wifi lijst te voorschijn komt dan komt er: ConfigureMe-×××××××. Zodra ik via wifi hierop wil inloggen, moet ik een netwerkwachtwoord invoeren, ik gebruik hier het serienummer voor. Na deze krijg ik slechts beperkte verbinding wat in mijn ogen logisch lijkt, want ik heb via de AP geen internet. Ga ik vervolgens verder naar de site unleased.ruckuswireless.com dan krijg ik de melding dat de site niet bestaat of bereikbaar is. Ik kom dus niet ver.

Later heb ik voor de grap de AP op het netwerk zelf aangebracht zodat deze via mijn eigen modem verbinding kreeg met ethernet, maar je raadt het misschien al.. ConfigureMe werd al snel RecoverMe en niet veel later stonden de volledig oude instellingen inclusief de oorspronkelijke bedrijfsnaam van het failliete bedrijf weer op de AP welke ik kon terugzien in de WiFi lijst van mijn laptop. Mijn laptop draait op windows 8.1 en als internet browser gebruik ik of Edge of Chrome. Beide geven hetzelfde weer. Ook kon ik de AP niet meer bereiken via default IP: 192.168.0.1.

Het gekke is dat ik via het AP onder de terugkomende instellingen wel mn eigen netwerk op kan zolang deze maar bedraad is aangesloten met mijn modem.

Wat is hier de oorzaak en wat kan ik doen om de AP's alsnog volledig naar eigen hand te zetten zonder dat de oude instellingen terugkomen en dus dat ik het "eigendom" claim.

Persoonlijk denk ik dat ik zonder de juiste middelen en of kanalen aan een dood paard aan het trekken ben.

Alvast bedankt.

3 REPLIES 3

abilashpr
Contributor III

Dear MH,

From your above conversation, I understand that the APs are running on Unleashed firmware. Please make sure you reset all the APs to default by pressing the reset button on the back of the access point for about 5-10 seconds and take one AP add it to your network where it has DHCP. Please run IP scanner to identify the AP's IP and type that IP on a PC's browser which is connected to same network and you should see unleashed setup page. Please setup that AP as Unleashed Master, now please connect the remaining APs into the network one by one and you should see them getting connected to Master if they have been reset and you should be able to manage those APs without any issues.

Hope it helps!!!

Regards,

Abilash PR.

MH
New Contributor

Dear Abilash,

Thank you for your response.

Since my English is not so good I will try my best to translate into English. So please forgive me if my spelling or sentence structure is incorrect.

I already tried to reset all AP. That works, but I can't access unleased.ruckuswireless.com. I don't know why I don't have access. Also, I can't say for sure if the AP is running on unleased. Is there a simple way to see that?

In addition. The minute I set the AP on my network with ethernet, it's recovering itself to the old settings of the compagny from where I have these AP's and even then I still don't have acess to unleased.ruckuswireless.com.

You're refer to use IP scanner? Nowhere I can't find that program and nowhere in a downloaded instruction manual is mention to use it. Perhaps this method is now necessary in this situation, then I could try it, but then isn't it possible to find the exact IP from the AP with my modem or switch? And because you're refer to this. Do I need the given IP to enter the AP settings?

I think and what a suplier told me, is because maybe the AP are registered on the original owner, it's not possible to do what I want. Are you agree with there statement.

It's strange that the recovering progress comes in action when I connect to dhcp for ethernet and that the old settings are configured. I even don't have time to break that progress. It's like the AP is searching for it's known backup server by ethernet and then takes the data from there.

Are you a well-known user yourself and or do you work for Ruckus company?

I really want to try to make this work. But I also don't want to use them all in the same network. Perhaps and probably they should also work stand alone. For example, maybe a friend needs one. Is that possible?

Waiting for your next reply, thank you in advance for your time.

MH
New Contributor

Update:

Again I've reset all the AP.

If I connect them with internet by LAN by using the switch, none of them goes into recovery. All of them are sending the WiFi SSID: "ConfigureMe". Until last week they all went into Recovery. When I'am looking into the log of the AP. Reading this I think that the AP is still trying to connect with a unknown IP and that the subnetmasker is missing. Maybe that recently the service contract has been terminated and therefore the original account has been removed and therefore access to the IP is not possible.

Anyway... I've searched the IP from the AP. When I type the IP into the browser I can only access the setup from the AP itself. Also on the first screen I see is the message that the AP is currently unable to provide wireless access and that I need to use a controller.

This is the only thing I can do. I still can't reach: unleased.ruckuswireless.com.

After this I've tried to connect with SSID"ConfigureMe" by WiFi. Here I still have to type a networkpassword to connect with the AP. Even than I still can't reach unleased.ruckuswireless.com.

I've tried this with microsoft Edge and with Chrome.

Hope for your answer.

With kind regards