cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dhcp, cisco layer 3 and brocade icx6450 functionality

david_wheeler_e
New Contributor III
I am learning to program our brocade switches and I am struggling with a few things.

We use a cisco layer 3 for our core switch.  I create all new vlans on the cisco. If I plug my laptop directly into the cisco and change the port to "access" and assign my new vlan to the port, I get an ip address as expected. However, I created the new vlan on the brocade and tagged the port but it doesn't seem to obtain an ip address from the dhcp server.  I am thinking it's a trunk port to trunk port issue.  How do I make the brocade uplink to the cisco a trunk port?  Any other suggestions?  Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

hashim_bharooc1
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Dave,

Your outputs are from some very old code, best is to open a ticket and work with out TAC team.  I was hoping to see something like this:
Port 1/1/1 is a member of 1 VLANs
VLANs 2
Untagged VLAN   : 2  (Access Port)
Tagged   VLANs  :      (Trunk Port)
But I do not see that in your output.  Basically your uplink ports should be member of the voice and data VLAN.  Your oice VLAN should be tagged and the data untagged.

As you can differentiate between a trunk port and access port your ICX software is not showing this.
Also not sure why you are using both commands voice-vlan and dual-mode.
In you case the ports are untagged to your default vlan.

Thanks
Hashim

david_wheeler_e
New Contributor III
Hi Hashim, we don't have support on any of out brocade switches.  How would I go about opening a TAC with Ruckus?  Thanks.

Dave

You purchase a support contract.
Hashim has provided you with senior level assistance already.