cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus AP with multi SSID into ICX Switch

kc_luchsinger
New Contributor III
Longtime user of Ruckus AP's, but new to the ICX switches.  I've been using the ICX Switches in test-bench scenarios to see how I like them before deploying them wide spread.  I apologize for what may seem a simple question, but I am just not getting this to work.

I have a single ruckus AP, 510 Unleashed, and they have two SSID's tagged on two separate VLAN's, so within the AP Test1 tagged on VLAN 1, and Test2 tagged on VLAN 2.

I'm currently using a 12 port ICX 7150 switch.  My gateway is feeding into port 1/2/1 on the switch, and my AP is plugged into 1/1/11.  I have my Management VLAN as 10, and I have VLAN 1 & VLAN 2 by port set up.  

In the Switch both VLAN 1 & 2 have 1/1/11 Tagged and 1/1/11 is set to dual-mode, and inline power is enabled.  VLAN 1 & 2 also both have 1/2/1 tagged, and it is also set to dual-mode.

When connecting wirelessly, SSID Test1 works great and I pull IP information, but Test2 does not seem to be passing info back to the gateway, as I do not properly pull an IP.

I can see the gateway from any computer plugged into an untagged port associated with either vlan.  

I have set this same function up on other switches (though I'm not as proficient with CLI - I'm trying to get better), so I'm sure it's possible.  

What am I missing?  I feel like I'm super close to figuring this out.  Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

kc_luchsinger
New Contributor III
After a little work this afternoon, I just factory defaulted the WAP and set it up fresh again.  Maybe I had old settings in there from another test or something because it connected right up with the config I had.  Thanks for the help!