cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public custom VLAN not working on Fiber internet ICX 6610

prasant_chettri
New Contributor
I will be decommissioning and removing copper connection in couple of weeks. Instead of doing cutover migration using eth 0. I decided to setup eth4 for Fiber and with the help of support team I set the interface for external network with new public IP and setup it up as primary interface on a failover setting. so all DNS and policy that uses will continue using copper and gradually modify policy and 1to1 NAT and SNAT.
I have brocade 6610 layer three switch which has vlan 2001 for public ethernet. Copper port on switch was set to dual-mode on 2001 only and did not have association with default vlan 1.
While I was trying to create fiber with similar switch configuration I ended up setting fiber dual-mode with vlan membership of 2001 (tab), 1 and 200. I was able to remove vlan 200 which did not cause any issue but as soon as I remove vlan 1 and set dual mode 2001 only interface fails which is exactly same as copper. Not sure if switch need to be rebooted to fix it. But again as soon as I put it back on 1 and 2001 with dual mode it works fine so I assume firewall is seeing change from switch which means it should not require reboot to trickle the change.
Not sure why it does not work when I only try to associate to 2001 vlan which is set for public gateway. it is working fine on copper but fiber only works when traffic is routed from default vlan 1. Default vlan 1 is not best recommended vlan for any interface
3 REPLIES 3

jijo_panangat
RUCKUS Team Member
Hello Prasant,

Inter vlan routing is capable across all vlans once you have a Virtual interface (Ve) created.
It seems you are missing something else, We would request to open a TAC case to better understand your setup and may require remote access to the switch as well.

Thanks
Jijo

prasant_chettri
New Contributor
I know the VE interface is working and vlan is not the issue. I was trying to add new route to fiber connection to same vlan which used to work for copper and still works for copper

jijo_panangat
RUCKUS Team Member
Hello,

In a normal scenario,As long as you have a reach ability to the next hop and relevant routes added the traffic forwarding happens, doesn't matter its a fiber or copper connection. We are not sure what is missing at your end and appreciate if you can give us a chance to look deeper into it.

Thanks