cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to modify the username and password through SSH. Do I absolutely have to log in to console or

Luc
New Contributor

I recently installed a new 7650x Ruckus switch in one of our sites and I need to modify the username and password through SSH. Do I absolutely have to log in to console or what is the command to do it through SSH instead of be on site?

THANKS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

guerero_n

Hi Luc.

The commands to modify the username and password are the same over the console and SSH, you need to go to the global configuration mode (configuration terminal) and then modify the username or password.

Once modified, if it is over SSH, you will not get disconnected immediately, but the next time you log in, you will be required to use the new credentials.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

guerero_n

Hi Luc.

The commands to modify the username and password are the same over the console and SSH, you need to go to the global configuration mode (configuration terminal) and then modify the username or password.

Once modified, if it is over SSH, you will not get disconnected immediately, but the next time you log in, you will be required to use the new credentials.